About Copic Junkies

This blog is all about Copic Markers and the paper artists who use them! Each week a new challenge is posted for Copic Marker users. Learn something new... work on a challenge... share your artwork too!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ready for Winter? Not Me!






Hello my fellow Copic Junkies!


It's December and it's time for another challenge.  I'm sure everyone is getting in the Christmas spirit and thinking about a white Christmas.  Well, my challenge is a little different. I live in upstate NY and although we only have a sprinkling of snow, I'm sure more is coming. UGH I hate snow - I'm originally from GA so I don't do well in winter. I think 'warm weather' to get me through the cold months.

I saw a Copic video that just really made me think "outside the box".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiS_V2Ph13Y&feature=related


This was a perfect challenge for me. I had to really blend since I didn't have most of the colors shown in the video. I couldn't get the blue sky to really work for me so I did a nice sunny yellow sky. (I felt warmer just making the sunny sky.) I am including pictures of my card and a close up of my chair just to let you see more detail.

Alternate ideas ----
I loved making a background and I loved coloring in a stamp on top of the background I made. My challenge is more of a 'create a scene/background with Copics' -- I'm sure not everyone wants to go to the beach ... {LOL}  A sunset background would also be a good for this challenge. So would a night sky or dusky sky maybe with a silhouette of a tree or grass in the foreground. Just bust out the Copics and blend, blend, blend!

Bo Trommer
Copic Junkies Design Team Member
 
(Stamps: chair > TAC and sandcastle > Clear Dollar Stamps)
Copic colors used:
Water: BG32, BG10

Beach: E00, E11, E33
Chair: E25, E08, E33
Sky: Y11, Y02
Y17 for the flag on the sandcastle

Suggestions for blue sky colors (from the DT members):
B0000/B000 combo or BG0000/BG000 combo
B0000 – pale Celestine and BG0000 – snow green

No comments: